Tuesday, October 28, 2008

School and teaching

Finally, finished my marking duties for the year 2008. If there's one thing about joining the teaching profession that stresses me out, it is the having to read, correct and assess my students' written work. Other than this (and working with silly administrators) I've enjoyed the major portion of my teaching career. Looking back, I've had time to do what gave me personal pleasure and satisfaction. The remuneration may not be that great but it has improved in the last decade. I am able to live quite comfortably, especially in this small town of Alor Star. Interacting with students has been both pleasure and pain, satisfying and stupefying, riverting and revolting. Would I make the same career choice the second time around? I believe I would, without reservations but with some conditions attached.

2 comments:

AJ7 said...

yeah...teaching can actually be fun....minus those silly things. Teachers like you will be sorely missed. But nvm, I'm sure your experience will benefit others to come.

All things beautiful said...

Me? I'm not sure. I do enjoy the teaching part but all else is total donkey work & indiscipline in schools have often stretched me to the limit. Given the choice, can I be a "siew lai lai" you think??? Wishful thinking, hor? Lol